[openstack-dev] [Nova] Boot from ISO feature status

Jean-Daniel Bonnetot jean-daniel.bonnetot at ovh.net
Wed Jul 30 08:37:27 UTC 2014

Hi Daniel,

For now (IceHouse), it's not possible to boot from iso and attach volume
after boot. Libvirt present ISO disk via an IDE controller (/dev/hda)
and new volume try to be added as IDE too (/dev/hdb).

Do you mean that with the new block device mapping code, we will be able
to boot from ISO (/dev/hda) and add a new SATA volume (/dev/sda)?

--
Jean-Daniel

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dberrange/ :|
http://virt-manager.org :|