[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Not support dnsmasq < 2.63?

Xuhan Peng pengxuhan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 01:51:29 UTC 2014

We bumped the minimum version of dnsmasq to 2.63 a while ago by this code
change:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/105378/

However, currently we still "kind of" support earlier version of dnsmasq
because we only give a warning and don't exit the program when we find
dnsmasq version is less than the minimum version. This causes some
confusion and complicates the code since we need to take care different
syntax of dnsmasq of different version in dhcp code (Note that the previous
version doesn't support tag).

I wonder what's your opinion on NOT supporting dnsmasq version less than
2.63 in Juno? I think we can prompt error message and exit the program when
we detect invalid version but I would like to gather more thoughts on this
one.

Thanks,
Xu Han