[openstack-dev] [nova] vhost-scsi support in Nova

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 21:34:57 UTC 2014

On 11:08 Fri 25 Jul     , Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 10:47 AM, Nicholas A. Bellinger
> <nab at linux-iscsi.org> wrote:
> > As mentioned, we'd like the Nova folks to consider vhost-scsi support as
> > a experimental feature for the Juno release of Openstack, given the
> > known caveats.
>
> I think OpenStack support for vhost-scsi makes sense if someone wants
> to do the work.

This was done in Nova [1], but we're waiting on the additional requirements to
be met that Daniel requested for Libvirt to support it. We'll revisit this for
the next release.

Support for vHost in Cinder was worked on [1][2], but is paused until the
requirements above are met.

[1] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/107650/
[2] - https://github.com/openstack/cinder-specs/blob/master/specs/juno/vhost-support.rst
[3] - https://github.com/Thingee/cinder/commit/4da7c5aab817f021b3f39b7d56df7c7beace2ab8