[openstack-dev] [nova] objects notifications

Lance Bragstad lbragstad at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 18:04:09 UTC 2014

Keystone has a notifications module that is based on this idea. When
implementing notification in Keystone, we wanted it to be easy to deliver
notifications on new resources and extensions [1], which is where the idea
of the wrapper came from. With that framework in place, we wrap our CRUD
methods in the Manager layer [2]. Beyond the base implementation, which
consisted of the resource, the operation type, and the UUID of the
resource, the framework has been leveraged for more detailed auditing
(pycadf). Regardless, we do it through a wrapper method.

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/5017993c361a0ecfb7db6b2ebc18b7e9cf135d84/keystone/notifications.py#L50
[2]
https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/5017993c361a0ecfb7db6b2ebc18b7e9cf135d84/keystone/assignment/core.py#L73

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 11:43 AM, Gary Kotton <gkotton at vmware.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>  When reviewing https://review.openstack.org/#/c/107954/ it occurred to
> me that maybe we should consider having some kind of generic object wrapper
> that could do notifications for objects. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks