[openstack-dev] [Trove] Dynamic extension loading using stevedore -- BP ready for review

Denis Makogon dmakogon at mirantis.com
Mon Jul 28 12:40:05 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 9:00 PM, boden <boden at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> Gents,
> As we discussed at the BP meeting on July 14 - I've created a new BP and
> BP wiki to outline the dynamic extension loading using stevedore.
>
> BP: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/trove/+spec/dynamic-extension-loading
> Wiki: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Trove/DynamicExtensionLoading
> PoC code: https://github.com/bodenr/trove/commit/
> fa06e1d96e6a49a2a54057e8feb8e624edeaf728
>
> I've also added this to the agenda for the next BP meeting:
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TroveBPMeeting
>
> Please feel free to add comments to wiki or via email / IRC (@boden);
> otherwise we can sync-up on Monday's BP meeting.

The only strong concern i feel about refactoring API Extension is about
deprecation of all of this in K release. Trove _already_ uses lagacy code
which is not maintainable. Because WSGI ReST framework was dropped off from
oslo-incubator(during IceHouse release) and Trove will migrate into Pecan
before K2.

So, i'd like to freeze all refactoring/re-implementation around lagacy WSGI
code until Pecan support implementation will land.

Best regards,
Denis Makogon