[openstack-dev] debug logs and defaults was (Thoughts on the patch test failure rate and moving forward)

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Jul 25 22:00:32 UTC 2014

On 25 July 2014 11:03, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:
> On 07/24/2014 06:44 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:

>>> So - I know thats brief - what we'd like to do is to poll a slightly
>>> wider set of deployers - e.g. via a spec, perhaps some help from Tom
>>
>> This one would be a good place for that conversation to start: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/91446/
>
> Right, kind of already been doing that for the last few months. :)
>
> Assistance moving the ball forward appreciated. I think we really need
> to just land this stuff in phases, as even getting through the minor
> adjusts in that spec (like AUDIT change) is going to take a while. A
> bunch of people have been going preemptively on it which is good.

So as I said to Doug, this is a different but very important thing.

I totally support having better logging standards, but its going to
take time to align them with what deployers are actually running - and
 we may have it wrong. I want to *add into the mix* a committment to
run what our users are running, so that we can:
 - tell if we got it wrong
 - get developers seeing what deployers see

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist