[openstack-dev] [neutron] Spec Approval Deadline (SAD) has passed, next steps

Kyle Mestery mestery at mestery.com
Thu Jul 24 13:13:32 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 5:38 AM, Livnat Peer <lpeer at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 07/21/2014 04:16 PM, Kyle Mestery wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> A quick note that SAD has passed. We briskly approved a pile of BPs
>> over the weekend, most of them vendor related as low priority, best
>> effort attempts for Juno-3. At this point, we're hugely oversubscribed
>> for Juno-3, so it's unlikely we'll make exceptions for things into
>> Juno-3 now.
>>
>> I don't plan to open a Kilo directory in the specs repository quite
>> yet. I'd like to first let things settle down a bit with Juno-3 before
>> going there. Once I do, specs which were not approved should be moved
>> to that directory where they can be reviewed with the idea they are
>> targeting Kilo instead of Juno.
>>
>> Also, just a note that we have a handful of bugs and BPs we're trying
>> to land in Juno-3 yet today, so core reviewers, please focus on those
>> today.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Kyle
>>
>> [1] https://launchpad.net/neutron/+milestone/juno-2
>>

> Hi Kyle,
>
> Do we have guidelines for what can/should qualify as an exception?
> I see some exception requests and I would like to understand what
> criteria they should meet in order to qualify as an exception.
>
> Thanks ,Livnat

Salvatore sent an email to the list [1] which perfectly describes the
types of things we'll allow exceptions for. To be honest, we're
already 4x oversubscribed for Juno-3 [2] as it is, and it's unlikely
even 2/3 of the existing approved BPs will land code. That's one
reason it's hard for me to think of approving existing ones,
especially considering how close we are to feature freeze and the end
of Juno [3].

Thanks,
Kyle

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-July/040969.html