[openstack-dev] [Trove] Neutron integration test job

Denis Makogon dmakogon at mirantis.com
Thu Jul 24 10:46:47 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Nikhil Manchanda <nikhil at manchanda.me>
wrote:

> > On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 7:28 AM, Denis Makogon <dmakogon at mirantis.com>
> wrote:
> > [...]
> >>
> >> Add Neutron-based configuration for DevStack to let folks try it
>
> This makes sense to tackle; now that the neutron integration pieces have
> merged in Trove (yahoo!).
>
> However, it looks like the changes you propose in your DevStack patchset
> [1] have been copied directly from the trove-integration scripts at
> [2]. I have two primary concerns with this:
>
> a. Most of these values are only required for the trove functional
> tests to pass -- they aren't required for a user install of trove with
> Neutron. For such values, the trove-integration scripts seem like a
> better place for this configuration.
>
> b. Since the trove functional tests run based on the trove-integration
> scripts, what this means is that if this change is merged, this
> configuration code will be run twice, once in devstack, and once again
> as part of the test-init script from trove-integration.
>
> [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/108966
> [2]
> https://github.com/openstack/trove-integration/blob/master/scripts/redstack#L406-427
>

> >> Implementing/providing new type of testing job that will test on a
> regular
> >> basis all Trove tests with enabled Neutron to verify that all our
> networking
> >> preparations for instance are fine.
> >>
> >> The last thing is the most interesting. And i’d like to discuss it with
> all
> >> of you, folks.
> >> So, i’ve wrote initial job template taking into account specific
> >> configuration required by DevStack and Trove-integration, see [4], and
> i’d
> >> like to receive all possible feedbacks as soon as possible.
> >

> So it looks like the test job you propose [3] is based on a current
> experimental job template: gate-trove-functional-dsvm-{datastore}
> [4]. Since pretty much most of it is an exact copy (except for the
> NEUTRON_ENABLED bit) I'd suggest working that in as a parameter to the
> current job template instead of duplicating the exact same code as part
> of another job.
>
> Nikhil, i already did lots of refactoring inside trove.yaml (see patchset
[1] and its dependent patchset). The same thing i'm going to do
I know that there's lots of duplications, just wanted to describe complete
template.

The actual question is - Is given template is correct? Would it work with
trove-integration and with pure devstack in the nearest future?

P.S. I've got only basic knowledge about jenkins jobs inside infra.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/100601/