[openstack-dev] [nova] Add support for hardware transports when using open-iscsi

Anish Bhatt anish at chelsio.com
Thu Jul 24 04:52:32 UTC 2014

Hi,

Currently, the implementation that uses open-iscsi to log in to iscsi targets does not support the use of hardware transports (currently bnx2i, cxgb3i & cxgb4i are supported by open-iscsi)

The only change would be adding a -I <transport_iface_file> parameter to the standard login/discovery command when the requisite hardware is available. The transport iface files can be generated via iscsiadm itself. No other commands would change at all. The default value is -I tcp, which as the same as not giving the -I parameter.
As far as I can see, all changes would be localized to the following nova files :

nova/virt/libvirt/volume.py
nova/cmd/baremetal_deploy_helper.py
nova/tests/virt/libvirt/test_volume.py

Would this be a useful addition to openstack ?

Thanks,
Anish