[openstack-dev] [swift] Use FQDN in Ring files instead of "ip"

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Thu Jul 24 03:50:35 UTC 2014

While your correct that a chassis replacement can avoid data rebalancing in the FQDN case if you update DNS, you can actually do the same today with the IP-based system. You can use the set_info command of swift-ring-builder to change the IP for existing devices and this avoids any rebalancing in the cluster.

--John