[openstack-dev] [rally][nova] resize

fdsafdsafd jazeltq at 163.com
Wed Jul 23 12:56:36 UTC 2014

At 2014-07-23 00:09:09, "Lingxian Kong" <anlin.kong at gmail.com> wrote:
>Maybe you are using local storage for your vm system volume backend,
>accroding to the 'resize' implementation, 'rsync' and 'scp' will be

>executed during the resize process, which will be the bottleneck
No, i use nfs. I found that, the resize will convert qcow2 disk to raw, and then convert to qcow2, I do not know why ? why we directly resize qcow2?
I test havana. and in
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/virt/libvirt/driver.py
It also does this.
In comment line 5221 in the code get from above link, it said this

 If we have a non partitioned image that we can extend
then ensure we're in 'raw' format so we can extend file system.

But our colleague test that we can resize the qcow2 even if there have a non partioned image. He can resize an image that just resized.
So, i really do not know why.