[openstack-dev] [Neutron] [Spec freeze exception] Cisco Nexus ML2 driver feature work

Kyle Mestery mestery at mestery.com
Tue Jul 22 13:45:11 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 1:15 PM, Henry Gessau <gessau at cisco.com> wrote:
> I would like to request Juno spec freeze exceptions for the following, all of
> which add features to the ML2 driver for the Cisco Nexus family of switches.
>

> https://review.openstack.org/95834  - Provider Segment Support
> https://review.openstack.org/95910  - Layer 3 Service plugin
>
> The above two feature are needed for the Nexus ML2 driver to reach feature
> parity with the legacy Cisco Nexus plugin, which is going to be deprecated
> because it depends on the OVS plugin which is being deprecated.

I'm ok with these being approved as an exception, given the
deprecation of the monolithic Cisco plugin and the fact they allow the
ML2 driver to reach parity with the plugin being deprecated.

> https://review.openstack.org/98177  - VxLAN Gateway Support
>
> The dependencies for this one are now approved. It could be approved as a
> low-priority item with the caveat of best effort for review of code patches.

Given this is new work, and how loaded we are, I'm less inclined to
approve this one. I know the specs it's dependent on are approved, but
it's unclear if the code for those will land, and that would be
required before this one could land. I'm leaning towards moving this
one to Kilo.

Thanks,
Kyle