[openstack-dev] [Infra] MyISAM as a default storage engine for MySQL in the gate

Roman Podoliaka rpodolyaka at mirantis.com
Mon Jul 21 15:26:32 UTC 2014

Hi all,

To my surprise I found that we default to using MyISAM in the gate
[1], while InnoDB would be a much more suitable choice, which people
use in production deployments (== we should test it in the gate). This
means, that every table, for which we haven't explicitly specified to
use InnoDB, will be created using MyISAM engine, which is clearly not
what we want (and we have migration scripts at least in Neutron which
don't specify InnoDB explicitly and rely on MySQL configuration
value).

Is there any specific reason we default to MyISAM? Or I should submit
a patch changing the default storage engine to be InnoDB?

Thanks,
Roman

[1] https://github.com/openstack-infra/config/blob/master/modules/openstack_project/manifests/slave_db.pp#L12