[openstack-dev] Virtio-scsi settings nova-specs exception

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Jul 21 07:46:51 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 10:21:20AM +1000, Michael Still wrote:
> I just want to check my understanding -- it seems to me that this
> depends on a feature that's very new to libvirt (merged there 22 May
> 2014). Is that right?
>
> http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=commit;h=d950494129513558a303387e26a2bab057012c5e
>
> We've had some concerns about adding features to the libvirt driver
> for features represented only in very new versions of libvirt.
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/72038/ is an example. Now, its clear
> to me that we don't yet have a consensus on nova-core on how to handle
> features depending on very new libvirts. There are certainly CI
> concerns at the least.
>
> So, I think approving this exception is tied up in that whole debate.

We've already approved many other blueprints for Juno that involve features
from new libvirt, so I don't think it is credible to reject this or any
other feature that requires new libvirt in Juno.

Furthermore this proposal for Nova is a targetted feature which is not
enabled by default, so the risk of regression for people not using it
is negligible. So I see no reason not to accept this feature.

Regards,
Daniel