[openstack-dev] [Cinder] Integrated with iSCSI target Question

Johnson Cheng Johnson.Cheng at QsanTechnology.com
Thu Jul 17 09:44:43 UTC 2014

Dear All,

I installed iSCSI target at my controller node (IP: 192.168.106.20),
#>iscsitarget open-iscsi iscsitarget-dkms

then modify my cinder.conf at controller node as below,
[DEFAULT]
rootwrap_config = /etc/cinder/rootwrap.conf
api_paste_confg = /etc/cinder/api-paste.ini
#iscsi_helper = tgtadm
iscsi_helper = ietadm
volume_name_template = volume-%s
volume_group = cinder-volumes
verbose = True
auth_strategy = keystone
#state_path = /var/lib/cinder
#lock_path = /var/lock/cinder
#volumes_dir = /var/lib/cinder/volumes
iscsi_ip_address=192.168.106.20

rpc_backend = cinder.openstack.common.rpc.impl_kombu
rabbit_host = controller
rabbit_port = 5672
rabbit_userid = guest
rabbit_password = demo

glance_host = controller

enabled_backends=lvmdriver-1,lvmdriver-2
[lvmdriver-1]
volume_group=cinder-volumes-1
volume_driver=cinder.volume.drivers.lvm.LVMISCSIDriver
volume_backend_name=LVM_iSCSI
[lvmdriver-2]
volume_group=cinder-volumes-2
volume_driver=cinder.volume.drivers.lvm.LVMISCSIDriver
volume_backend_name=LVM_iSCSI_b
[database]
connection = mysql://cinder:demo@controller/cinder

[keystone_authtoken]
auth_uri = http://controller:5000
auth_host = controller
auth_port = 35357
auth_protocol = http
admin_tenant_name = service
admin_user = cinder
admin_password = demo

Now I use the following command to create a cinder volume, and it can be created successfully.
#> cinder create --volume-type lvm_controller --display-name vol 1

Unfortunately it seems not attach to a iSCSI LUN automatically because I can not discover it from iSCSI initiator,
#> iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p 192.168.106.20

Do I miss something?

Regards,
Johnson