[openstack-dev] [cinder][nova] cinder querying nova-api

Abbass MAROUNI abbass.marouni at virtualscale.fr
Thu Jul 17 07:36:01 UTC 2014

Thanks Thomas,

What I'm trying to achieve is the following :
To be able to create a VM on a host (that's a compute and volume host at
the same time) then call cinder and let it find the host and create and
attach volumes there.

I guess the biggest problem is to be able to identify the host, as you
said the host_id is of little use here. Unless I try to query the nova
api as admin and get a list of hypervisors and their vms. But then I'll
have to match the nova host name with the cinder host name.

Any thoughts on this ? Is there any blueprint for attaching local
volumes in cinder ?

Thanks,

Abbass,