[openstack-dev] [Neutron][ML2] Support dpdk ovs with ml2 plugin

Czesnowicz, Przemyslaw przemyslaw.czesnowicz at intel.com
Wed Jul 16 13:07:41 UTC 2014

I don't think this is a usecase that could be supported right now.
There will be multiple issues with running two ovs instances on the node, e.g. how to  manage two sets of userspace utilities, two ovsdb servers etc.
Also there would be some limitations from how ml2 plugin does port  binding (different segmentation ids would have to be used for the two ovs instances)

This could be done if ovs was able to run two datapaths at the same time (kernel and dpdk enabled userspace datapath).
I would like to concentrate on the more simple usecase where some nodes are optimized for high perf  net i/o

Thanks
Przemek