[openstack-dev] [qa] Getting rolling with javelin2

Chris Dent chdent at redhat.com
Wed Jul 16 11:35:58 UTC 2014

On Mon, 14 Jul 2014, Sean Dague wrote:

> Javelin2 lives in tempest, currently the following additional fixes are
> needed for it to pass the server & image creation in grenade -
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/tempest+branch:master+topic:javelin_img_fix,n,z

Thanks for the pointers. That stuff looks good (and is now merged)
and I'm testing my changes against the new shiny.

> Those were posted for review last Friday, need eyes on them. This is
> still basically the minimum viable code there, and additional unit tests
> should be added. Assistance there appreciated.

I have to admit I'm struggling to get my head around _how_ to unit
something that is itself a test. Is the idea to mock the clients?
I'm not sure how much value that will have (compared to just running
the thing).

> There is a grenade patch that will consume that once landed -
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/97317/ - local testing gets us to an
> unrelated ceilometer bug. However landing the 2 tempest patches first
> should be done.

If you'd like me to look into that ceilometer bug, please let me
know what it is.

--
Chris Dent tw:@anticdent freenode:cdent
https://tank.peermore.com/tanks/cdent