[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Gap 0 (database migrations) closed!

Henry Gessau gessau at cisco.com
Tue Jul 15 22:49:19 UTC 2014

I am happy to announce that the first (zero'th?) item in the Neutron Gap
Coverage[1] has merged[2]. The Neutron database now contains all tables for
all plugins, and database migrations are no longer conditional on the
configuration.

In the short term, Neutron developers who write migration scripts need to set
  migration_for_plugins = ['*']
but we will soon clean up the template for migration scripts so that this will
be unnecessary.

I would like to say special thanks to Ann Kamyshnikova and Jakub Libosvar for
their great work on this solution. Also thanks to Salvatore Orlando and Mark
McClain for mentoring this through to the finish.

[1]
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/TechnicalCommittee/Neutron_Gap_Coverage
[2] https://review.openstack.org/96438