[openstack-dev] [Keystone][devstack] Keystone is now gating (Juno and beyond) on Apache + mod_wsgi deployed Keystone

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Mon Jul 14 16:09:57 UTC 2014

On 07/11/2014 11:55 AM, Flavio Percoco wrote:
> On 07/11/2014 05:43 PM, Morgan Fainberg wrote:
>> The Keystone team is happy to announce that as of yesterday (July 10th 2014), with the merge of https://review.openstack.org/#/c/100747/ Keystone is now gating on Apache + mod_wsgi based deployment. This also has moved the default for devstack to deploy Keystone under apache. This is in-line with the statement that Apache + mod_wsgi is the recommended deployment for Keystone, as opposed to using “keystone-all”.
>>
> Thanks for the heads up. This is something Marconi's team would love to
> do in devstack as well.

We have basic support for deploying of any service in Devstack via
HTTP.  So far, Horizon, Swift, and Keystone are the only ones (I think)
that take advantage of it.

The logic for Keystone is triggered:

KEYSTONE_USE_MOD_WSGI

as you can see here:

https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/master/lib/keystone#L50

Then follow through the places where KEYSTONE_USE_MOD_WSGI is used.