[openstack-dev] [nova][all] Old review expiration

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Mon Jul 14 16:01:17 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-07-12 at 12:46 -0400, Jay Pipes wrote:
> > Given that we have so many old reviews hanging around on nova (and
> > probably other projects), should we consider setting something like that
> > back up?  With nova, at least, the vast majority of them can't possibly
> > merge because they're so old, so we need to at least have something to
> > remind the developer that they need to rebase…and if they've forgotten
> > the review or don't care about it anymore, we should either have it
> > taken over or get the review abandoned.
>
> I didn't like the impersonal nature of the auto-expire thing, frankly. I
> prefer the current situation where deliberate action is needed, even if
> that means a little more work for the core review team.

Hmmm…I can see that, but it seems like there's very little deliberate
action going on here :)  It's possible that reviewers are just not aware
yet that auto-expire doesn't exist anymore and deliberate action is
necessary…

> > The other concern I have is the several reviews that no core dev looked
> > at in an entire month, but I have no solutions to suggest there,
> > unfortunately :(
>
> Patches of your own or patches of other folks?

Patches of other folks.
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>
Rackspace