[openstack-dev] [qa] Getting rolling with javelin2

Chris Dent chdent at redhat.com
Mon Jul 14 10:35:45 UTC 2014

A recent thread about javelin2[1] ended with "the takeaway here is
that we should consider javelin2 still very much a WIP...we should be
hesitant to add new features and functionality to it."

One of the items on my todo list is to add some functionality (for
ceilometer[2]) to javelin2, therefore I'd like to help in whatever way to
make it more mature and useful and move it along. To that end I have
some questions:

* I understand that javelin2 is or will be run as part of Grenade.
   Where (what code) do I look to see that integration? If it hasn't
   happened yet, where will it happen?

   Will that integration be done as if javelin2 is part of a test suite
   or will a bit of shell code be wrapping it and checking exit codes?

* Will grenade provide its own resources.yaml or is the plan to use
   the one currently found in the tempest repo?

Basically I'd like to see this move along and I'm happy to do the leg
work to make it so, but I need a bit of guidance on where to push.

Thanks.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-July/039078.html
[2] The TC did some gap analysis and one of the areas that needs work
     is in resource survivability.

--
Chris Dent tw:@anticdent freenode:cdent
https://tank.peermore.com/tanks/cdent