[openstack-dev] [Horizon] Overrides to register/deregister panels and Menu Placements

Matthias Runge mrunge at redhat.com
Mon Jul 14 07:18:00 UTC 2014

On 14/07/14 08:48, Rahul Sharma wrote:

> Can someone please help me with the API’s required to add a menu item
> and add my panels under those. Also I am pasting snippet of my code,
> please let me know if there is a better way to fix this. Please note
> that at this moment I cannot modify base Horizon code. I am based of Havana.
>
> Snippet for Menu/Panel registrations:

Please migrate ASAP to master branch. New features and bug fixes are
introduced on master only; if applicable, it's possible to backport
fixes to older branches.

During Icehouse development cycle, Horizon got the ability to work with
additional python modules, which get pulled in via that plugin mechanism.
Further details can be found in openstack_dashboard/enabled/..

Esp. there is already the router dashboard as example.

Best,
Matthias