[openstack-dev] Python 2.6 being dropped in K? What does that entail?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Jul 11 13:45:07 UTC 2014

I'm hearing that python 2.6 will no longer be support in the K release
but not sure if there is an official statement about that somewhere (wiki?).

I realize this means turning off the 2.6 unit test jobs, but what other
runtime things are going to be explicitly removed, or if not removed
just not blocked which are not compatible with 2.6?

Sounds like dict comprehension for one, but a lot of other stuff I
thought we were moving to six anyway for supporting python 3?

I'm not as concerned about unit tests with 2.6 since I think a lot of
development happens against 2.7, but thinking more for distro support
like RHEL 6.5 vs RHEL 7, which would mean upgrading to RHEL 7 if you want K.

Matt Riedemann