[openstack-dev] [all] Treating notifications as a contract

Lucas Alvares Gomes lucasagomes at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 08:49:50 UTC 2014

> I just started the code for processing of notifications from Ironic.
> Conceptually they are the same as notifications from Nova but the
> actual form of the payload is completely different. This means I have to
> write a different processor for that payload. And now so does StackTach
> if they want to handle it.

The data format that Ironic will send was part of the spec proposed
and could have
been reviewed. I think there's still time to change it tho, if you
have a better format
talk to Haomeng which is the guys responsible for that work in Ironic
and see if he
can change it (We can put up a following patch to fix the spec with
the new format
as well) . But we need to do this ASAP because we want to get it
landed in Ironic
soon.

Cheers,
Lucas