[openstack-dev] [Ironic] [Horizon] [UX] Wireframes for Node Management - Juno

Devananda van der Veen devananda.vdv at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 19:29:20 UTC 2014

Awesome! Glad to see the progress since the design summit.

Some comments:
- slide 1 shows some driver-specific input fields. We have work in progress
to expose this list via the API which I'm hoping to land in J2 or very
early in J3. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/102914/ That should help the
UI keep up with new drivers and/or changes in driver-specific fields.
- I have proposed adding an additional "capabilities" field to
node.properties, to enable users who wish to have more fine-grained control
of instance placement than merely matching on cpu/ram/disk/arch.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/105802/ you may want to add this as an
optional field.
- on slide 1, the "NIC MAC address" field doesn't clearly indicate that it
can accept more than one NIC's info, while this is demonstrated in the
detail view on slide 6.
- slides 5 and 6 shows data about "system load, cpu, and swap utilization"
from provisioned nodes. AIUI, is a feature specific to Tuskar/TripleO that
relies on an agent within the provisioned nodes, and is not a part of
Ironic. While useful within that context, the UI for Ironic can not expect
that information to be present, and in a non-TripleO environment using
Ironic (eg, OnMetal, an HPC cluster, etc) it's not clear how the proposed
UI for these two slides will look.

Cheers,
Devananda