[openstack-dev] [Ironic] handling drivers that will not be third-party tested

Devananda van der Veen devananda.vdv at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 18:21:35 UTC 2014

Thanks for putting this back on my radar....

I think a separate directory to indicate "these are contributed but less
tested drivers" is a fair middle ground here, though time will tell how
much addtitional code-maintenance burden that places on developers. Since
this is just a power interface, I agree that the burden in this case is
small. FWIW, that API is about to get one more method added to it (
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/102914/).

Since no one's proposed a /contrib/ directory yet, I'm doing so now, and
moving other drivers that lack upstream CI testing to it. This may not be
the most elegant solution; it won't require any operational config changes,
but only separates drivers into two classes, "main" and "contrib".

-Devananda