[openstack-dev] [all] Treating notifications as a contract

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Jul 10 18:19:31 UTC 2014

On 7/10/2014 2:59 PM, Daniel Dyer wrote:
> From my perspective, the requirement is to be able to have a consistent and predictable format for notifications that are being sent from all services. This means:
> 1. a set of required fields that all events contain and have consistent meaning
> 2. a set of optional fields, you don’t have to include these but if you do then you follow the same format and meaning

That is the design of notifications [7]. I guess we're debating the
schema of the Payload section on a per-event basis.
(as opposed to the somewhat loose definitions we have for those sections
currently [8])

[7] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/NotificationSystem
[8] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/SystemUsageData