[openstack-dev] What projects need help?

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Jul 10 16:32:06 UTC 2014

Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2014-07-08 20:31:26 -0600 (-0600), Brian Jarrett wrote:
> [...]
>> Are there any projects that could use more developers?
> [...]
>
> That's a more complex question than you might think. On the whole
> OpenStack does not need more developers writing new features. What
> we *are* in desperate need of is developers thoroughly reviewing
> proposed patches, writing (good) tests, documenting what's already
> there, fixing bugs, and helping new users and operators/deployers by
> answering their questions on mailing lists, in IRC, and on the Ask
> OpenStack site.
>
> The fastest way to make your mark is to get involved with
> cross-project (sometimes referred to as "horizontal") programs like
> documentation, quality assurance, project infrastructure, release
> cycle management, et cetera.
>
> Also, welcome aboard!

+1

The question is not really "where" (in which project) but rather "what"
to contribute. We always need more strategic contributions (like those
Jeremy suggested) which improve the state of things while reducing
technical debt.

As long as you contribute strategically, you are awesome... and you
should pick the project that motivates you the most :)

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)