[openstack-dev] [nova] fastest way to run individual tests ?

Chris Dent chdent at redhat.com
Thu Jul 10 16:08:54 UTC 2014

On Thu, 10 Jul 2014, Mike Bayer wrote:

> I typically never use tox or testtools at the commandline until I'm
> ready to commit and want to see what the jenkins builds will see.   I
> start up the whole thing and then it's time to take a break while it
> reinvents the whole world.

Me tool I've been squeezing py.test into my testing as well. It
allows me to do TDD off the test file of the thing that I'm creating
or changing and focus on just that without the incredibly long round
trip time for tox and friends.

I do some variation on:

    py.test -svx path/to/test/file.py

with a pre-warmed virtualenv.

My next hope is to get rid of unittest and just do the plain asserts
that py.test makes so nice and lovely.

--
Chris Dent tw:@anticdent freenode:cdent
https://tank.peermore.com/tanks/cdent