[openstack-dev] [neutron][all] switch from mysqldb to another eventlet aware mysql client

Angus Lees guslees at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 06:09:54 UTC 2014

On 10 July 2014 00:59, Roman Podoliaka <rpodolyaka at mirantis.com> wrote:

> Not sure what issues you are talking about, but I just replaced
> "mysql" with "mysql+mysqlconnector" in my db connection string  in
> neutron.conf and "neutron-db-manage upgrade head" worked like a charm
> for an empty schema.

Yep, I don't think we're far away from it being that simple.  Most of the
changes/work I've seen discussed is in shifting the test environments and
suitably addressing everyone's performance/uncertainty concerns.

Ihar, could please elaborate on what changes to oslo.db are needed?
> (as an oslo.db developer I'm very interested in this part :) )

The changes I've been working on are (and most of these need oslo.db
reviews):

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/104436/
Test that concurrent sqlalchemy transactions don't block
(This test reproduces the core issue.  There's an open question where it
belongs)

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/104425/
Add DBDuplicateEntry detection for mysqlconnector driver

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/104428/
Allow tox tests with complex OS_TEST_DBAPI_CONNECTION URLs

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/104447/
Support OS_TEST_DBAPI_ADMIN_CONNECTION override

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/104430/
Don't drop pre-existing database before tests

https://github.com/zzzeek/sqlalchemy/pull/102
sqlalchemy mysql unicode improvement, that has various workarounds
available to us in the meantime

 - Gus