[openstack-dev] Inter cloud resource federation [Alliance]

Raildo Mascena raildom at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 19:16:01 UTC 2014

Hi Arvind,

First, I quite liked the idea and I am very interested in helping you with
that.

Second, I have some doubts. What is the similarity (and differences) with
Keystone to Keystone blueprint? https://review.openstack.org/#/c/100023/
<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/keystone-to-keystone-federation>

The federation will be migrated to this new service?

Regards,

>  Hi All,
>

> I am investigating on inter cloud resource federation across OS based
> cloud deployments, this is needed to support multi regions, cloud bursting,
> VPC and more use cases. I came up with a design (link below) which advocate
> a new service (a.k.a. Alliance), this service sits close to Keystone and
> help abstracting all the inter cloud concerns from Keystone. This service
> will be abstracted from end users and there won’t be any direct
> interactions between user and Alliance service. Keystone will be delegating
> all inter cloud concerns to Alliance.
>

> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Inter_Cloud_Resource_Federation
>

> Apart from basic resource federation use cases, Alliance service will add
> following features
>

> 1.       UUID token support across cloud
>
> 2.       PKI Token support
>
> 3.       Inter Cloud Token Validation
>
> 4.       Inter Cloud Communication to allow
>
> •        Region/endpoint Discovery
>
> •        Service Discovery
>
> •        Remote Resource Provisioning
>
> 5.       Resource Access Across Clouds
>
> 6.       SSO Across Cloud
>
> 7.       SSOut Across Cloud (or Inter Cloud Token Revocation)
>
> 8.       Notification to propagate meter info, resource de-provisioning ….
>

> I would appreciate if you guys take a look and share your perspective. I
> am open to any questions, suggestions, discussions on the same.
>

> Thanks for your time,
>
> Arvind
>

> *Please excuse any typographical error.*

Raildo Mascena
Bachelor of Computer Science.
Software Engineer at Laboratory of Distributed Systems - UFCG