[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Neutron ML2 Blueprints

Sergey Vasilenko svasilenko at mirantis.com
Wed Jul 9 16:21:14 UTC 2014

After review https://review.openstack.org/#/c/103280/ I have following
thoughts. This patch looks fine, but huge and has lot of changes in
deployment logic. Parallel teams work (vmware, melanox) depends on current
implementation of Neutron in FUEL. I have a some dreads, that they can’t
refactor his code in the short time remaining.

Implementation https://review.openstack.org/#/c/103280 has considerably
less changes in current code of FUEL. Teams from MElanox and VMware based
their work on current implementation of Neutron. Also this implementation
was already tested in most deployment modes.

On this basis, I suggest:

   - to merge https://review.openstack.org/#/c/103280 in fuel-5.1
   - To base Neutron implementation for 6.0 get
   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/103280/ and start working for adapt
   this for Juno Neutron.
   - Also we should discuss how to make HA-wrapper more pluggable.