[openstack-dev] [nova] top gate bug is libvirt snapshot

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Jul 9 08:01:49 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 08:58:02AM +1000, Michael Still wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 8:21 AM, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:
>
> > This is also why I find it unlikely to be a qemu bug, because that's not
> > shared state between guests. If qemu just randomly wedges itself, that
> > would be detectable much easier outside of the gate. And there have been
> > attempts by danpb to sniff that out, and they haven't worked.
>
> Do you think it would help if we added logging of what eventlet
> threads are running at the time of a failure like this? I can see that
> it might be a bit noisey, but it might also help nail down what this
> is an interaction between.

I don't think so. What I really need is more verbose libvirtd daemon
logs when a time when it fails. I've done a gross hack with a review
I have posted [1] which munges rootwrap to allow me to reconfigure
libvirtd and capture logs. Unfortunately I've been unable to get it
to fail on the snapshot bug since then - it is always hitting other
bugs so far :-(

Regards,
Daniel

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/103066/