[openstack-dev] [nova] whatever happened to removing instance.locked in icehouse?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jul 8 20:25:10 UTC 2014

I came across this [1] today and noticed the note to remove
instance.locked in favor of locked_by is still in master, so apparently
not being removed in Icehouse.

Is anyone aware of intentions to remove instance.locked, or we don't
care, or other?  If we don't care, maybe we should remove the note in
the code.

I found it and thought about this because the check_instance_lock
decorator in nova.compute.api doesn't check the locked_by field [2] but
I'm guessing it probably should...

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/38196/13/nova/objects/instance.py
[2]
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/nova/tree/nova/compute/api.py?id=2014.2.b1#n184