[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Dev] Commit messages and lawyer speak

John Griffith john.griffith at solidfire.com
Tue Jul 8 03:13:24 UTC 2014

Hey All,

Just wondering what's up with the following items showing up in commit
messages:

"CCLA SCHEDULE B SUBMISSION"

Don't know that I care, but it seems completely unnecessary as signing the
Corporate CCLA means your submissions are of course covered under this
clause (at least I would think).  Is there any reason to have this in the
commit message?  Or better yet, the real question is; any reason not to as
corporate lawyers strike again and require it for their employees?

Thanks,
John