[openstack-dev] [neutron] Core reviewer assignment to specific BPs for Juno-2

Kyle Mestery mestery at noironetworks.com
Mon Jul 7 19:57:15 UTC 2014

As we quickly approach Juno-2, I'd like to try something out for the
next few weeks. The tl;dr is this: What I'm going to propose is
assigning core reviewers to specific BPs which are of community
importance and are things we're working hard to land in Juno-2.

The long form answer is this: I'd like to assign core reviewers to
shepherd the following community features along [1]. The idea is to
have assigned cores responsible for reviewing and helping to merge
these BPs. This is not meant to prevent other core reviews from
reviewing, but rather to ensure core's have a specifically focused
review target for Juno-2 to assist in merging these once the code is
ready, and to work with submitters on these. Given how close the
Juno-2 timeline is, I think it's important to get core reviewers and
submitters in sync here so iterations can happen fast and we can merge
things when they're ready.

I'll add an item to discuss this at the team meeting today as well.
Hopefully this can help as we get closer to Juno-2.

Thanks,
Kyle

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/NeutronJunoProjectPlan#Juno-2_BP_Assignments