[openstack-dev] Server groups specified by name

Day, Phil philip.day at hp.com
Mon Jul 7 18:35:45 UTC 2014

Hi Folks,

I noticed a couple of changes that have just merged to allow the server group hints to be specified by name (some legacy behavior around automatically creating groups).

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/83589/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/86582/

But group names aren't constrained to be unique, and the method called to get the group instance_group_obj.InstanceGroup.get_by_name() will just return the first group I finds with that name (which could be either the legacy group or some new group, in which case the behavior is going to be different from the legacy behavior I think ?

I'm thinking that there may need to be some additional logic here, so that group hints passed by name will fail if there is an existing group with a policy that isn't "legacy" - and equally perhaps group creation needs to fail if a legacy groups exists with the same name ?

Thoughts ?

(Sorry I missed this on the reviews)
Phil