[openstack-dev] openstack and SDN

Thulasi ram Valleru thulasiram.valleru at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 20:44:43 UTC 2014

The most challenge part for me for the past few days is understanding the
how SDN can reduce the burden on Neutron.

A single SDN plugin consider OpenDayLight controller plugin deployed on
neutron. I have physical and virtual switches which support open flow. I
know OpenFlow will install the flow to the switches and routers.

When you create a abstract tenant network with, how Neutron configure these
changes on the physical switches or virtual switches considering it has
only OpenDayLight plugin installed.