[openstack-dev] Moving neutron to oslo.db

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Thu Jul 3 11:51:21 UTC 2014

Hi,

As you surely now, in Juno oslo.db will graduate [1]
I am currently working on the port. It's been already cleared that making
alembic migrations "idempotent" and healing the DB schema is a requirement
for this task.
These two activities are tracked by the blueprints [2] and [3].
I think we've seen enough in Openstack to understand that there is no
chance of being able to do the port to oslo.db in Juno.

While blueprint [2] is already approved, I suggest to target also [3] for
Juno so that we might be able to port neutron to oslo.db as soon as K
opens. I expect this port to be not as invasive as the one for
oslo.messaging which required quite a lot of patches.

Salvatore

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Oslo/GraduationStatus#oslo.db
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/95738/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/101963/