[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Time to break backwards compatibility for *cloud-password file location?

Sullivan, Jon Paul JonPaul.Sullivan at hp.com
Wed Jul 2 19:33:26 UTC 2014

+1

> > * move setting of this param to more visible location (setup, like
> > devtest_variables or testenv). We can then give this better visibility
> > in the dev/test autodocs with a warning about the 'old' behaviour

+1

> > * add a deprecation warning to the code that reads from
> > $CWD/tripleo-overcloud-passwords to say that this will now need to be
> > set as a parameter in ... wherever. How long is a good period for
> this?
>
> +1

+1

Would it make sense to copy the passwords across such that the users behaviour is not changed were they to delete their old passwords file.  The deprecation warning would read that they can set <VAR> to point to the passwords file they are currently using, or delete <passwords file> to pick up the new default location of <VAR> (which has defaulted to TRIPLEO_ROOT)