[openstack-dev] [all] 3rd Party CI vs. Gerrit

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Wed Jul 2 15:11:17 UTC 2014

On 07/01/2014 10:03 AM, Duncan Thomas wrote:
> On 1 July 2014 14:44, Anita Kuno <anteaya at anteaya.info> wrote:
>
>> On 07/01/2014 05:56 AM, Duncan Thomas wrote:
>>> For the record, cinder gave a very clear definition of success in our
>>> 3rd party guidelines: Passes every test in tempest-dsm-full. If that
>>> needs documenting somewhere else, please let me know. It may of course
>>> change as we learn more about how 3rd party CI works out, so the fewer
>>> places it is duplicated the better, maybe?
>>>
>> Thanks Duncan, I wasn't aware of this. Can we start with a url for those
>> guidelines in your reply to this post and then go from there?
>
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cinder/certified-drivers should make
> it clear but doesn't, I'll get that cleared up.
>
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/juno-cinder-3rd-party-cert-and-verification
> mentions it, and various weekly meeting minutes also mention it.

Thanks for sharing those links, Duncan.

Hmmm, my first response - given that long chew we had on the ml[0] about
the use of the word certified as well as the short confirmation we had
in the tc meeting[1] that the word certified would not be used, but
rather some version of the word 'tested' - how long until edits can be
made to the cinder wiki to comply with that agreement?

Thanks Duncan,
Anita.

[0] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-June/036933.html
[1]