[openstack-dev] Using tmux instead of screen in devstack

Anant Patil anant.techie at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 12:11:31 UTC 2014

Hi,

I use tmux (an alternative to screen) a lot and I believe lot of other
developers use it. I have been using devstack for some time now and would
like to add the option of using tmux instead of screen for creating
sessions for openstack services. I couldn't find a way to do that in
current implementation of devstack.

I have submitted an initial blueprint here:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/devstack/+spec/enable-tmux-option-for-screen

Any comments are welcome! It will be helpful if someone can review it and
provide comments.

- Anant