[openstack-dev] [oslo] VMware tools in oslo-incubator or straight to oslo.vmware

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Thu Jan 30 22:51:59 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 12:38 PM, Vipin Balachandran <
vbalachandran at vmware.com> wrote:

> This library is highly specific to VMware drivers in OpenStack and not a
> generic VMware API client. As Doug mentioned, this library won't be useful
> outside OpenStack. Also, it has some dependencies on openstack.common code
> as well. Therefore it makes sense if we make this code as part of OSLO.

I think we have consensus that, assuming you are committing to API
stability, this set of code does not need to go through the incubator
before becoming a library. How stable is the current API?

If it stable and is not going to be useful to anyone outside of OpenStack,
we can create an oslo.vmware library for it. I can start working with
-infra next week to set up the repository.

We will need someone on your team to be designated as the lead maintainer,
to coordinate with the Oslo PTL for release management issues and bug
triage. Is that you, Vipin?

We will also need to have a set of reviewers for the new repository. I'll
add oslo-core, but it will be necessary for a few people familiar with the
code to also be included. If you have anyone from nova or cinder who should
be a reviewer, we can add them, too. Please send me a list of names and the
email addresses used in gerrit so I can add them to the reviewer list when
the repository is created.

Doug