[openstack-dev] [Nova][Scheduler] Will the Scheuler use Nova Objects?

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Thu Jan 30 12:13:22 UTC 2014

Hi,
I started to do the work – https://review.openstack.org/#/c/65691/. From the comments on the review it did not seem the right way to go. So I gave up on it. Sorry to not have updated. I personally think that the scheduler should use objects, the reason for this is as follows:

 1.  One of the aims of the objects is to enable seamless upgrades. If we have this in the gannet, that starts with using only the nova database then we can upgrade to using another database. The object interface will do the translations
 2.  We may be able to leverage objects to interface with different types of services. That will enable us to provide cross service features far quicker.

Thanks
Gary