[openstack-dev] [nova] [neutron] PCI pass-through network support

Robert Li (baoli) baoli at cisco.com
Thu Jan 30 12:09:42 UTC 2014

Ian,

I hope that you guys are in agreement on this. But take a look at the wiki: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/PCI_passthrough_SRIOV_support and see if it has any difference from your proposals.  IMO, it's the critical piece of the proposal, and hasn't been specified in exact term yet. I'm not sure about vif_attributes or vif_stats, which I just heard from you. In any case, I'm not convinced with the flexibility and/or complexity, and so far I haven't seen a use case that really demands it. But I'd be happy to see one.

thanks,
Robert