[openstack-dev] [Nova] [Barbican] nova-cert information

Jarret Raim jarret.raim at RACKSPACE.COM
Wed Jan 29 20:52:29 UTC 2014

We are currently hammering out the blueprints for asymmetric key support
(both for escrow and generation). Happy to talk more about your use case if
you are interested. We can do it over email or you can hop into
#openstack-barbican on Freenode and talk to the team there.

Thanks,
Jarret

From:  Vishvananda Ishaya <vishvananda at gmail.com>
Date:  Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 12:12 AM
To:  OpenStack List <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Subject:  Re: [openstack-dev] [Nova] [Barbican] nova-cert information

I would not want to use nova-cert for something like this. It was a minimum
viable option for supporting the ec2 upload bundle use case which requires
certs to work. We also managed to get it working for our hacky vpn solution
long ago, but it is definitely not a best practices case. Perhaps certs
could be added to barbican (if it doesn¹t support them already?)

https://github.com/stackforge/barbican

Vish