[openstack-dev] [TripleO] [Tuskar] Terminology Revival #1 - Roles

Tzu-Mainn Chen tzumainn at redhat.com
Tue Jan 28 10:04:14 UTC 2014

I've spent some time thinking about this, and I have a clarification.

I don't like the use of the word 'deployment', because it's not exact
enough for me.  Future plans for the tuskar-ui include management of the
undercloud as well, and at that point, 'deployment role' becomes vague, as
it could also logically apply to the undercloud.

For that reason, I think we should call it an 'overcloud deployment role',
or 'overcloud role' for short.

That being said, I think that the UI could get away with just displaying
'Role', as presumably the user would be in a page with enough context to
make it clear that he's in the overcloud section.

Mainn