[openstack-dev] Hacking repair scripts

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Tue Jan 28 01:13:48 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I have had in my ~/bin for a while a little script that I finally got around to tuning up and I thought others might be interested in it/find it useful.

The concept is similar to https://pypi.python.org/pypi/autopep8 but does a really simple action to start.

As many of u know the import order is a hacking rule, but its not sometimes clear how to fix the order to be correct; so the tool I fixed/cleaned up reorganizes the imports to be in the right order.

I initially hooked it into the hacking codebase @ https://review.openstack.org/#/c/68988

It could be something that could be built on to automate 'repairing' many of the hacking issues that are encountered (ones that are simple are the easiest, like imports).

Anyways,

Thought people might find it useful and it could become a part of automatic repairing/style adjustments in the future (similar to I guess what go has in `gofmt`).

-Josh