[openstack-dev] MariaDB support

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Jan 27 21:34:25 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 5:32 AM, Tim Bell <Tim.Bell at cern.ch> wrote:

> We are reviewing options between MySQL and MariaDB. RHEL 7 beta seems to
> have MariaDB as the default MySQL-like DB.
>

> Can someone summarise the status of the OpenStack in terms of
>

> -        What MySQL-flavor is/are currently tested in the gate ?

Turbo Hipster currently tests mysql and percona _upgrades_ for every commit
in nova. We have noted no percona specific problems, except for percona
being a little bit faster than mysql 5.5. It wouldn't be hard to add
mariadb to the upgrade cycle if people were interested in that.

However, we're not currently testing devstack with percona anywhere that I
am aware of.

Michael

> --
Rackspace Australia